LDWA Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the LDWA's website. We hope you find our services useful and welcome feedback. The LDWA website is provided by the Long Distance Walkers Association Limited ('LDWA'), a company limited by guarantee and registered in the UK. The website includes information about various products and services provided by LDWA and others ('Services').
In using this website and other sites in the ldwa.org.uk/ family of sites you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use and to the current version, as they are amended from time to time. There is a change log at the base of this page listing updates. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you must cease to use the sites. Certain site areas have specific limitations and guidelines for use, such as the Members' Forum, and these are listed on relevant pages. In using the site you agree to abide by these terms. If you are using the Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms.
We keep all our services under review and may add or remove functions or may suspend or cease any part of the Services without notice.
LDWA Members Area
To be able to use the LDWA Members Area you must be an existing member of the LDWA. All members are expected to use the system in a responsible and courteous manner. The LDWA Committee reserve the right to bar anyone from accessing the LDWA Members Area who seriously or repeatedly abuses this facility.
Members may not transfer or pass on to another person, or permit any other person to use their password or log-in details, except that Family Membership covers members of the immediate family and a partner, and Affiliate Membership covers up to three current members of the affiliate who may share the log-in details. More than one such Family or Affiliate user may log in at the same time.
In providing the Services, we use or provide links to third party suppliers, eg, if you buy a map or book accommodation or use social media by being transfrerred to the third party website, using our links to the third party. Once you have transferred to the third party website you become a customer of the third party and you cease to have a commercial relationship with LDWA. Your transaction is then with the third party and any funds you provide go to the third party. If you have feedback or are not satisfied with the services from the third party, your redress is with them, not LDWA. LDWA does not handle any feedback. If you are purchasing on behalf of a group or club you must have their prior consent to purchase or to use any debit or credit card or make an online transfer. You may not use such links on this website to make a purchase if you are under 18 years of age. When you purchase from a third party you normally enter into a binding legal contract with them on their terms and conditions of sale that may involve cancellation or return costs. You may need an account wih the third party to make a purchase. Examples of third party suppliers we use to fulfill services are Amazon and NVG Group/Guestlink and social media sites including Facebook and Twitter. Any references to LDWA on the third party webpages or those of its payment agents are purely to identify the LDWA as the referral source and do not imply any relationship with LDWA as a supplier. LDWA may receive commission on your completed purchases where we have such an arrangement with a supplier (an Affiliate or referral arrangement), but any commission is paid to LDWA only after clearance of your payments and is a separate transaction between LDWA and the Affiliate provider. LDWA provides such links and related information to assist walkers, but does not itself act as a booking agent or fulfillment agent. LDWA does not moderate, monitor or have any control over postings on social media websites.
LDPs Webpages - Use of Data
- The LDWA hereby licences Users to use the LDPs Webpages wholly and solely for personal use (Personal Use Licence).
- The Personal Use Licence does not permit use by any User for any business or other purpose related to their employment or self-employment (Business Use), except as set out in 4. below.
- If you wish to use the LDPs Webpages for such other uses in 2. we will be pleased to agree a licence basis (Business Use Licence) with you – please Contact Us. Uses requiring a Business Use Licence include the direct use of information for developing or updating individuals’, charity, local authority or companies’ websites, publications or databases, whether or not the purpose is for financial gain, except as in 4. below.
- You may for Personal or Business Use quote from, publish or use any material, excepting the LDPs Searchable Database Pages, in your medium, such as websites, magazines or reports. You may make use of material in the LDPs Webpages to guide your own independent research, but you must then independently validate and summarise your findings. We would ask you, where this is appropriate, to acknowledge the LDWA as your source for verbatim quotes and include our website address in any citations. Use of material in the LDPs Searchable Database Pages requires specific consent and you need to Contact Us. You must be a current member to use any restricted facilities, such as file downloads, in the LDPs Webpages. All such uses must be consistent with the Copyright Statement and also see 7. If you are a supplier of items for which details are provided on the LDP Webpages, such as leaflets, books and maps, you may also read and check that the relevant data are accurate, complete and up to date. Please Contact Us with any updates, additions and corrections. We welcome your feedback.
- If you require searches not provided online on the LDPs Webpages we may be able to help you and this may involve a fee or equivalent. Please Contact Us with your request. Any income generated will benefit the LDWA, including offsetting the costs of developing this website.
- Please note that the LDWA gives no warranty concerning information on the website or downloaded from it, nor does it accept any liability for its use (see Disclaimer). Where users make use of purchasing facilities or advice on linked third-party sites, they do so as users of, and become customers of, the third party website (see Disclaimer).
- Some information on this LDWA website is the copyright of a third party and you will need to obtain your own consent for its use in your media (see also 6. above). Our policy for use of material that is not our copyright in our publications, including this website, is to obtain the owner’s consent and enter into any licences required. If you consider we have used your copyright material without your consent and you wish us to remove it, please Contact Us indicating the reference. See Copyright Statement.
The LDWA Shop is open to both members and non-members of the LDWA. However to use the shop you must be over 18 and a resident in the UK. If you are not currently living in the UK then please email the Merchandise Secretary to discuss postage and packing, etc.
All merchandise displays the LDWA logo unless otherwise indicated. Please allow 28 days for delivery. There is a minimum order charge of £5.00 for all shop orders. This is a requirement of our Debit / Credit Card processing system.
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase you may return any unused items to us. They must arrive back with us within 14 days of delivery to you. If an inspection reveals that the items have been used we will not be able to offer an exchange or refund and there may be additional carriage costs involved in returning them to you. We reserve the right to charge up to a 30% re-stocking fee for items that have been sent out correctly by ourselves, but you wish to be returned because they have been ordered in error. The cost of returning faulty or unwanted items to us is the responsibility of the customer. Any damaged items or incomplete deliveries must be reported within 48 hours of delivery as we accept no liability after this period.
Giving your Debit / Credit Card details
Although we accept Membership Renewals and Shop Purchases by credit card we never store credit card details. For additional security we do not process any credit card transactions directly but instead use a dedicated credit card payment system operated by PayPoint. PayPoint is a real-time payment service provider,supporting all major UK credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Solo, and Delta.
Using "Cookies" on this site
- When you access any of the database driven areas of the site, such as the News, Local Groups, Shop and the Members Area functions, a "session cookie" is set to record the fact that you have successfully connected to the database. No personal information is stored in this cookie and, being a "session cookie", it is automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
- If you choose the "Remember Me " option at the Members Area Log In screen a "persistent cookie" is set to hold your membership number and password for the next time you try and access the system. As this is a "persistent cookie" it will not be deleted when you close your browser. If you do not wish this cookie to be saved just don't select on the "Remember Me" option. If you have already set this option but now want to remove the cookie, please go to the "Log In / Log Out" page where you can unselect the "Remember Me" option.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
LDWA Membership Data
The name, address and membership details of all LDWA Members are held on a computer file for use by the Long Distance Walkers Association and its nominated officers. If a member is also a member of a Local Group affiliated to the LDWA then their name and address details are shared with the Local Group secretary.
Liability Limitations and Governing Law
We use reasonable endeavours in providing our Services. We do not make any specific promises about the Services, including their content, the specific functions of the Services or their reliability, availability or ability to meet your needs. We provide the Services “as is”.
When permitted by law, LDWA's suppliers and distributors will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages. To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of LDWA and its suppliers and distributors to you for any claims under these terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount that you paid us to use the Services (or, at our option, to supplying you with the Services again). In all cases, LDWA will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable. If you are using the Services for a personal purpose, then nothing in these terms or any additional terms limits any consumers’ legal rights which may not be waived by contract.
Any disputes under these terms will be governed by and settled under the Laws of England.
Questions or Comments
Change log for this webpage: 27 January 2015 - added text relating to social media.