Membership - Frequently Asked Questions
A. You can join online. Details of membership fees and types of membership are available here.
A. Yes. ‘Family membership’ includes any two adults and their children (under 18) living at the same address.
A. You’ll get:
- a copy of Strider, the LDWA magazine, three times a year, which is full of useful articles as well as details of long distance walking events and group walks;
- full access to our website, which has up to date information on Challenge Events, Group Walks, a library of walking articles, information on Long Distance Paths with special facilities for members, LDWA news and a Forum for walkers to exchange news and views;
- discounts on most Challenge Events, including the annual LDWA Hundred; and
- discounts at a number of outdoor shops. Click here for details.
A. If you join, you will automatically be assigned a membership number. This will be sent to you either by email or by post.
A. If you have not been assigned a password but are a member, go to the My Membership Details page and we will issue one.
A. Access your membership details here.
A. Access update your membership details here with your new email address.
A. Please notify the membership secretary of any changes so your Direct Debit does not fail.
A. Contact the membership secretary here.
A. Each section of this website contains separate Frequently Asked Questions pages, so if you haven't found what you want here please try one of the following:
- LDWA Frequently Asked Questions
- Membership Frequently Asked Questions
- Events Frequently Asked Questions
- Local Groups Frequently Asked Questions
- Long Distance Paths Frequently Asked Questions
- Hillwalkers Register Frequently Asked Questions
- National Trails Register Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Frequently Asked Questions
If still cannot find the answer to your question then please contact the relevant member of the National Committee.