Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Spring out of Old Hutton

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sat 10th Apr 2010, 18:44
Local Group: Lakeland
I think the sun must have got to me - it is of course Spring INTO old Hutton.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sat 10th Apr 2010, 18:39
Local Group: Lakeland
Many events lay claim to the quality of their food, but I doubt if any can match the cakes made by the ladies of Old Hutton for SOOOH. Since the event follows the usual M,B & B pattern of three loops with a central checkpoint, you have three opportunities to sample the full range of goodies on offer.
Using every possible route into and out of the village, SOOOH shows off the lovely countryside to the East of Kendal and we were lucky to have perfect weather. It was encouraging to see a goodly number of local families walking the 5 mile village loop. The crowd in the village hall was a lovely mix of runners, walkers and locals. Just one complaint - SOOOH must have the greatest number of bizarre and time-consuming gate fastenings I have ever come across on an event.
The masochists among us can enjoy 7000+ feet of climbing on my group's Lake, Ridge & Wainwright tomorrow. I am quite happy to be checkpointing in sunny Buttermere, within easy strolling distance of the pub.

Many thanks to Lilian, Jim & Co for a super day out.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law