Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Toe nails for single LDWA female (only!) members

Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Thu 6th May 2010, 20:28
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
And how come I am losing my last remaining beautiful big toenail..? because I took 2 friends on the Bilsdale Circuit. It wa sa lovely day 'an all. But lost my GPS!! So I had to repeat the walk of 30 miles(lost it halfway of course!). But no I didn't find it.

So lost 1 Garmin and toenail.

Return to me please if found.

I had 2 days lovely 30 milers though! Lord Stones cafe is the best! Apple pie/cream and pot 'o' tea for £3 is good value.
Posted: Thu 6th May 2010, 20:12
Woe is me...Bye bye to my last remaining beautiful toenail- and right foot BIG toenail as well, It was my pride and joy. If you look on the Bothy you will see I am selling Inov8 shoes. The culprit!! Size 6.5? No way. And the half size makes all the difference! And size does matter!

So now, do I walk the 100 in sandals? Keen sandals so my toes will be covered. I will brave rocks and stones and tics and snakes. And heather. Minus big toe nail or even very sore toe- I'm am going to do the 100 anyway.
Posted: Mon 29th Mar 2010, 13:37
Merrion, I think by creating new post on the page you reading the original post from, is actually like the "create a reply" on the old website. The title is above the reply. Does that make sense?

I've given up men for Lent. It's Easter soon anyway! But they maybe interfere with my 100 training.. get the priorities right!
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Mon 29th Mar 2010, 9:57
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
The title was so long I couldn’t see the “create a new post” link (didn’t it used to say “post a reply”, I got a bit wary when I saw “create a new post” and had to make sure it was going to be a reply to your post, and not make a new topic).

I changed the text size to smallest to get the link.

Anyway, I think you seek out a goth fellar.
Posted: Sun 28th Mar 2010, 22:46
After careful cultivation of my toenails all winter- wearing heavy leather boots, my nails started to reappear as normal. But blast- one round of the Blubberhouse 25 wearing comfy light trainers - there they are- or were! Blackened again! Peat and pounding along those paths have destroyed all the winter months of nurturing my toenails.

Minus whatever I grew back.

Conclusion. 1. Don't date any foot fetish fellas. Or maybe do- and await the look of distaste on their faces. You can always give them peat flavoured whiskey though before hand (or foot- sorry)! 2. Or don't date and just go walking- I will keep you updated on the foot fetish fellas! Don't expect much though! 3. And also- give up the leather boots- heavy and come spring you will be back to what you were like before winter. 4. Keep the leather on other parts of the body but definitely not the feet!!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law