Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Blubberhouses 25

Posted: Mon 29th Mar 2010, 11:41
Thanks, Eileen. Yes, a runner living on Penny Pot Lane. Had a wash and some fine hot stew and made it to the pub before 1pm for a refreshing pint or two of Old Peculier, the first one didn't touch the sides.
Posted: Sun 28th Mar 2010, 22:07
Yes it was an excellent event, I think the new route is probably harder than the old one but wasnt that wind something?
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 28th Mar 2010, 21:03
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
And a post at 1533 from Roy? I didn't get into the finish until just after 1600. And I thought I had done well.. another runner obviously!! And lives close..!
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 28th Mar 2010, 20:57
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Yes a super event. Stop at Bolton Abbey for an ice cream before climbing again. Fantastic views in the distance from top of Beacon Hill of Drax and Ferrybridge power stations. Well, I thought fantastic considering the distance! Plus the North Yorks Moors and Dales.

And a wonderful sight of the Golf Balls at Menwith Hill. They were dull in the cloud then one by one they turned to white as if lit up within by a giant bulb! Like Christmas Tree lights. It was the sun appearing from behind the clouds. What a sight! I was mesmerized.

And to finish it all off the most wonderful stew I have ever tasted in my life! It beats my Mum's stew even.

Thanks to Nidderdale group for a great challenge walk.

Put it on your list next year folks.
Posted: Sun 28th Mar 2010, 15:33
A big thank you to all in the Nidderdale group for laying on this year's 25, my first go at it. Everything went very smoothly. Friendly reception, efficient marshalling, good choice of refreshments en route, a superb route and great food at the finish (finished off with a sneaky visit to the Sun Inn). I would, however, be extremely grateful if you could choose a less windy day next year, the long drag up to Rocking Hall was so challenging, but that long leg from the Beacon to the finish was a breeze. Well done to you all.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law