Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Kipling Kaper

Author: Paul Howson
Posted: Sun 28th Mar 2010, 16:50
Local Group: High Peak
I would like to endorse the previous comments. Thanks to all the Staffs LDWA members who continue to make this such a welcoming and fulfilling event. I thought that the change of start location actually enhanced the event this year, the final stretch from the Roach End to the finish offering some great scenery . I hope that this route can be adopted again.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sat 27th Mar 2010, 22:04
Local Group: Merseystride
Absolutely agree. The weather was fine and sunny, the climbs stiff and hard, and the going mostly tough, But the food at the checkpoints was wonderful, especially the ultra-healthy salad buffet at the finish! The Staffs staff were always warm and friendly. Stunning views along, and from, the Roaches. Sadly, the promised escalator up Shutlingsloe did not materialise, otherwise a great event.
Many Thanks, everyone. We'll be back!

Photos at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=212799&id=726015791&l=517bc25423
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sat 27th Mar 2010, 19:29
Local Group: Merseystride
Great weather, great choice of routes, and wonderful food. Staffordshire oatcakes & cheese are great checkpoint food, and the choice of home-made goodies at the end was excellent too. A very well-organised and enjoyable event. Thanks! :-)

[Helen]

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law