Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The last trollers trot

Author: Allan Rodda
Posted: Sun 21st Mar 2010, 16:23
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
I have been informed that I have made an error... the line should read 'Walkers, runners and nigel's' most people in Yorkshire, Lancashire and the Northeast will understand this.
Author: Allan Rodda
Posted: Tue 16th Mar 2010, 19:28
Well, I have waited over a week for someone to thank John Sparshatt on the forum and alas nothing forth coming, so I will do it myself. John, on behalf of all the walkers, runners and joggers who have taken part in one of your events, THANK YOU, all the events you organised were always first class. You are a great ambassidor for all the L.D.W.A stand for. You deserve a well earned rest. Good Luck for the future.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 8th Mar 2010, 9:39
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Gosh, I never thought we'd have comments about not talking! Perhaps there are 2 types of runners - ones who don't talk and charge along, and those who go for a social run and the cups of tea. Hope I'm recognised as being firmly in the latter!

Nice event - my main memory from last year was the wind at the end - and missed it this year. Made it rather pleasant! I do hope someone does take over the organising. Would be a shame to see such a large, well run event go by the wayside.
Posted: Mon 8th Mar 2010, 7:57
Eileen,
If you were the ladies taking pictures of us runners by the first self clip, then I managed to squeeze out a hello. Glad you liked the thighs, but you should see my mangled feet some time. Thirty odd years of this sport does terrible things to them.
It was my first Troller's Trot and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A grand day out. A big thank you to all involved in organising it.
Posted: Mon 8th Mar 2010, 7:48
I had been looking forward to this one but missed it due to another type of trot's two days before. Very disapointing.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Mon 8th Mar 2010, 1:13
Was it the last? Well, Patricia and I had a lovely last event. Thoroughly enjoyed it. We CHEATED. We set off early to avoid the STILE! But the runners caught us up after just 20 mins. Exactly on time. We usually don't see them or even the fast walkers as we often come up behind the middle walkers! Or it has been known that we even come up behind the sweepers!

But what sights we enjoyed! Well done all you runners! Mud splattered, sweaty and non lingustic you maybe. Focussed yes. Those thighs and calfs a sight to behold though!!

We prefer a bit of chatting but runners no time for chit chat.

Well done to you all. A great event and the chilli meal at end and home cooked as well- delicious!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law