Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Moors The Merrier

Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Thu 18th Feb 2010, 20:02
Local Group: East Lancashire
Guaranteed good weather, this is the date of the July National Committee meeting.
Author: Alan Greenwood
Posted: Thu 18th Feb 2010, 19:11
Local Group: Calderdale
Website now published at www.alangreenwood.biz/index.html
The long route extension now goes over Hoofstones and picks up some of the Wycoller. (Thanks to Roy and E. Lancs). This re-route now avoids the problems encountered with open access. All the usual information can be found on this years pages and photos can be be found on earlier years.
Posted: Sun 7th Feb 2010, 9:35
I stated in my previous note that our event would be on the 10th July but due to organisational difficulties like getting the start venue we have had to change this to Saturday 7th August. Details will be in the next Strider and will be published in the events calendar shortly. The webpage including the route desciption amended to avoid the access problem will take a little longer.
Posted: Sat 30th Jan 2010, 20:46
The Moors The Merrier is now to be held on Saturday July 10th starting from the Church Hall. The short route of 21 miles will be the same but the long route mileage will be increased to nearer 30 miles and will go out to Hurstwood to avoid the access problems on Widdop Moor. Further details will be announced in the next few weeks once I have set up the website. No rest for the wicked.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law