Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Hebden 23-Jan-2010

Posted: Mon 25th Jan 2010, 20:14
My first walk of the year and wow what a walk, it was tough up those hills and wiped away any cobwebs, met Jill Green and what a privelidge it was to walk with the women who is doing her 20th 100 this year, got to take your hat off to her, great climb, walk or crawl i did them all, enjoyed the mud, checkpoints were great and the directions spot on, thank you to all the organisers
Author: Alan Greenwood
Posted: Sun 24th Jan 2010, 17:06
Local Group: Calderdale
Sorry missed the question about the holly bushes. These were shortly after climbing up the steep stretch of wooded area on your way from CP4 to CP5. You go past a big rock in a field and then drop gently down through the woods and the bushes are on your right.I am surprised you got lost there because we waymarked it. But I agree it is not easy to find your way.
Author: Alan Greenwood
Posted: Sun 24th Jan 2010, 16:58
Local Group: Calderdale
Thanks Andreas for your kind comments. This was despite arriving to find you were not on the entry list even though you entered at the start of December. Perhaps the shock of seeing an early entry from an LDWA member was too much for us. Anyway when we checked you were there lurking in Sportident so we gave you a slot given up by a withdrawn entry and it all ended well..... except that you picked up the withdrawn entry's details and got included in the finishing times for the runners. I will change it when I have done all the other clearing up jobs.
You can find the finishing times at www.alangreenwood.biz/index.html
Posted: Sun 24th Jan 2010, 13:07
I just got back from the Hebden Challenge Walk, nursing my wounds.
This was my third LDWA challenge walk and probably the toughest (Myrtle Meander, Burley Bridge Hike). The ground was quite saturated and muddy making progress very slow and ardous. Some sections were treacherous. Thankfully there was no snow or ice left.
The area is very scenic and beautiful. Especially those old mill buildings are very pretty.

A big thank you to all the organisers, helpers and marshalls, without them this wouldn't go ahead.
I thought the route description was spot on, I only got lost once (what holly bushes??) and the organisation was excellent. Checkpoint food was great as usual.

A fantastic weekend for me, coming down from Scotland. Well worth it.

Now, where is my Savlon ?:-)

Andreas

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law