Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - UK Trail Walkers Handbook

Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Sun 7th Feb 2010, 18:38
Local Group: East Lancashire
The new look website (coming soon) will make it even easier with a "clickable" Amazon logo.

The book is also available from your friendly membership secretary when renewing your 2010 membership, still 900+ to renew - you know who you are.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sun 7th Feb 2010, 16:45
Local Group: Lakeland
I'm relieved to say that I did not get a free kiss from JS with my copy!
i believe that there is now a free postage option with all Amazon purchases. Don't forget to go through the LDWA website when buying anything from Amazon, which gives the LDWA some commission. I find the easiest way is to go via "Buy a map."
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 7th Feb 2010, 0:05
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Good John. Glad to be of some help- and damn- you got it cheaper! Still- I got a signed copy AND a real kiss from JS HIMSELF (tongue in cheek)- that must be worth a lot! But a great reference book.
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Sat 6th Feb 2010, 21:35
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Eileen - your post stimulated me to get a copy (from Amazon, £6 pound odd off, free postage if you're a Prime subscriber) and the quality of the publishing is really fine. A really good summary handbook of trails and the more important long distance walks around the UK. Top class and a must-have bedside book, I read it well into the night, last night
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 13th Dec 2009, 21:31
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
I have just bought a copy. It must be good 'cos I took it to bed with me! And I didn't even fall asleep. Great reference book. And at a discount price for LDWA members. Well, John Sparshatt didn't give me any anyway more discount other than that offer anyway! I tried. I think this book might be well and truly thumbed in the years to come. It even had St.Oswald's Way in it. One i want to do combined with St. Cuthbert's Way.

And I got a signed copy from John himself thank you John.
After the West Yorks Christmas Walk thank you very much to Patricia.
And geordie Jo won the X factor- yippee!! Sorry for dumming down- but fun nonetheless.

AND if anyone free New Years Eve- look out for the Buck Inn at Malham- great atmosphere. Especially since Patricia and I will be there! Not a long walk next day though...

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law