Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Heart Of Scotland 100

Posted: Sat 17th Oct 2009, 6:15
Thanks Garfield, pity about the forum but you are probably right, but I still think facebook is a bit dodgy, that lass of mine has seen my postings and reported them to "she who must be obeyed"
David H
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Fri 16th Oct 2009, 23:03
Local Group: Merseystride
David, we are adding postal entries to the SportIdent site so that we have an integrated list of all entrants. This will make it much easier to administer later. As for the forum, the equivalent on the Wessex 100 was hardly used and the facebook site was set up as an alternative resource. At present I see no reason to keep this to entrants only - advice and comment can come from many sources. (Garfield)
Posted: Fri 16th Oct 2009, 7:13
I see that there is a group for the HOS on Facebook (a very dangerous place to lurk or discuss LDWA affairs) and that on the Sports Indent site we can find out how many and who has entered via that service. Would it be possible to get the same information and may be include the number of entry’s via the normal method of entrys within the HOS site, maybe via a Q&A or forum page that would initially be only open to LDWA members and the open to the public if a draw is not needed.
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Mon 12th Oct 2009, 13:04
Local Group: South Manchester
In view of the accommodation situation does anyone know if there will be space to doss down under a roof at the start on the Friday night (presumably the same area where we would sleep after finishing)?
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Fri 9th Oct 2009, 12:40
Local Group: Merseystride
Well done, Madeleine! Entries are coming in thick and fast now, and SportIdent has proved very popular, with over 100 entries via that method. The event planning is at an advanced stage and the organising team are excited about the way everyone in the area is supporting it. A splendid time is guaranteed for all! (Garfield & Helen)
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Thu 8th Oct 2009, 19:22
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Well, took the plunge and entered. (Quite exciting!) It was remarkably easy to do it on line. And well done for not requiring us to copy our certificates for qualifiers for the "common events" - seemed like a move in the right direction with technology.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Thu 27th Aug 2009, 22:10
Local Group: Marches
Thanks for the advise. Booked my accommodation for the event (room for 4 nights just in case!) and also booked accommodation for the reccy. Going to do this as a back packing exercise over 5 days at the beginning of April and treat it as a holiday. There are convenient hotels situated about 20m apart but some of them only have a small number of rooms and as accommodation is scarce if you are planning to do the same then get your bookings in quick. Excited already - must be mad!
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Tue 18th Aug 2009, 20:56
Local Group: South Wales
Further to this, for those interested, Easyjet's flight dates are already out for next May. I've just booked my flights and accommodation at Dunkeld. I would suggest that enqs re accommodation need to be done soon, as there wasn't a lot available when I phoned.

Regards,

David
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Sun 16th Aug 2009, 18:27
Local Group: South Wales
Having received the excellent pack at the end of the Wessex 100 from the Heart Of Scotland 100 organiser, my wife and perused the offerings of Perthshire with much interest.
Suffice to say, that having enjoyed a week on the lovely Ardnamurchan peninsula, having identified from the tourist guide, a very suitable caravan site in Blair Atholl, we drove to Perthshire for what was a very, very enjoyable week.
I climbed a few Munros and a couple of Corbetts, and walked many paths that will be used for next year's 100. I have to say with some conviction, that the scenery is going to be second to none, and I've entered a few 100's over the last 14 years!!!!! What has struck me though, is that the 100 is going to be as tough as the Wessex 100 with regards to paths. I walked a long section from Dunkeld to Loch Ordie, and was suprised to note that the entire path was forestry track and very stony. It was pretty rough on the path that leads via Shinagag to Blair Atholl too. Clearly there will be areas that are different and I know that I am going to throughly enjoy the scottish experience. Just be aware though, that it may be as tough on the tootsies as the Wessex!!!!!
can't wait though, particularly as if (when) successful, it'll be number 10 for me!!!

Regards,

David

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law