Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Ehe need to be politicaly correct

Posted: Wed 16th Dec 2009, 19:39
Does this mean that it is safe to say that those who turn up at events on the off chance of getting an entry should check the event web site or ring the organizers first?. A hard back book these days costs less than four walking magazines, or three girly ones. I doubt that I will ever be politically correct and computers baffle me even more than the logic of women.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Wed 16th Dec 2009, 18:50
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Ha! I shouldn't bother myself- it means you would not dare not open your mouth anytime! We all say things. Just try and not say anything that may hurt others. Common sense. We all say things we should not. But keep it in the back of your mind. Be yourself. Then we know you!
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 6th Aug 2009, 21:10
Local Group: Mid Wales
Close shave that David, the consequences don't bear thinking about if he had been in with a group of ldwa members on a 'normal' day of conversation! Matt.
Posted: Thu 6th Aug 2009, 20:38
Here is a warning. Be careful who you speak to when you are out on a challenge. In May I was on the Haltwhistle challenge and following three members of the Northumbria group.
As we left Greenhead a young chap fell in beside me and we chatted away about walking etc, now that day the C.Ps were not up to L.D.W.A standards and the marshals were a bit new to the game, on top of this we were hit by a horrendous down pour, that soaked us through before we could put on our waterproofs.
We were soaked and frozen before we got to Lambley and the only shelter at the C.P was a wall. I don’t know why (maybe age) but for once I was Politically Correct and not my usual open self, so no mention was made of the Check points or marshals and we all walked on. Me watching the Northumbria group like a hawk and the young lad sticking to me like, well you know what.
Tonight, after spending most of the day in the garden I was surfing the net and came a cross my name in the Hexham Courant pages.
Yes that young lad that stuck like glue was a journalist sent by the paper to try out the challenge, well he certainly earned his wages that day. As for myself I can only say thank goodness I was watching my tongue, I like Haltwhistle and want to go back.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law