Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Berghaus C7 1 Series

Author: Rob Richardson
Posted: Mon 6th Jul 2009, 20:13
Local Group: South Wales
Hi Kevin,
I recently bought the 60+10 womens version for my daughter for her Duke of Edinburgh expedition. She found the bioflex system to be very comfortable. It also has an adjustment for the length of the back. It did creak a little when empty and new, but not when fully loaded. However, she only wore it for 2 days, so I can't say it will stay silent forever. It is a very well made, sturdy rucksack. I bought it from Gaynor Sports, who had the best price.
I hope this is helpful.
Rob
Posted: Fri 3rd Jul 2009, 9:18
I'm looking to get a multi day pack and having done a bit of research on the net am very tempted by the Berghaus C7 packs. The only reservation I have is a number of reviews have reported an extremely annoying squeak which develops after a day or two of use.

The most recent review I've found was from over a year ago so I was wondering if anyone had a more up to date opinion on this particular pack?

- If it does squeak can this problem be easily fixed? Apparently Berghaus advised one complainant to put a bit of vaseline between the moving parts?
- Does it only squeak when massive loads are placed upon it?
- Are there other equally as comfortable packs out there which don't make such a racket?

Any info / advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Kevin

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law