Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Tenth Bath Beat

Posted: Mon 6th Apr 2009, 21:08
Huge thanks again for organising such a great event David, the route was superb and thanks also to all those who helped out, particularly those that layed on food worthy of a garden party at CPs 6 & 8.

I'm new to Challenge walks so I'm entering everything local in a fit of enthusiasm, but when I've calmed down a bit I'll make sure I catch up with the SW group again on a social walk: Andrew Clabon's walk around Bath last year was very enjoyable with lots of good company and a decent pace in the afternoon.

Best wishes

Paul Greatwood
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Fri 27th Mar 2009, 9:32
Local Group: South Wales
The Bath Beat has received a very good entry to date. If you're thinking of turning up on the day, then we will be able to accommodate you.
We would prefer to have you pre entered as catering is more easily planned, but be assured that you will be able to participate if you turn up when you see that the weather is superb!!

Regards,

David
Posted: Thu 12th Mar 2009, 22:07
There are still plenty of spaces left on the Bath Beat this year. Please feel free to send me your entry forms and you'll enjoy a great day out.

Regards,

David
Posted: Mon 9th Feb 2009, 19:36
Entries are well and truly open for the tenth Bath Beat. This year the route will follow the clockwise course, which hopefully will mean that he majority of climbing is done in the first third!! That's not to say that we haven't saved a nice one for the end though!!!

We have to limit the numbers of entrants due to catering issues, and so we will close at 200. We're nearly halfway to that number already, and so with two months still to go, I recommend that you get your entries in ASAP.

The route follows diverse countryside through woodland, fields, riverbanks, 2.8 miles of the Kennet & Avon canal, and 4 miles of a disused coal canal with its extraordinary architecture.

All CP's have homemade cakes and the halfway CP will give you hot food, and all for just over a fiver. There are showers and changing facilities at the end and plenty of space to park your cars too, so to avoid disappointment at not being able to enter, please get your entries in sooner rather than later.

Regards,

David

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law