Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Two Crosses Circuit, 11th January 2009

Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Tue 13th Jan 2009, 12:34
Local Group: South Manchester
I echo the first post, which captures just about everything. It was my ninth time on this event and I enjoy it more each year. The apres run was pretty good as well. I spent nearly as much time chatting afterwards as I did doing the 25 miles. Many thanks and gratitude to the organisers and all the helpers.
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Mon 12th Jan 2009, 22:23
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I found this walk a lot harder than last year & was suffering from cramp after about 10 miles.My own fault for not doing very much for last 2 months.Thankfully the soup at the Camping barn gave me enough to get round without being timed out.Thanks to everybody who made it a good day out.The broth at the end was superb.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Sun 11th Jan 2009, 23:06
Local Group: East Lancashire
Thanks for those kind words and nice pictures, Steve and Tony assured me when they flagged Wet Moss on Saturday the cloud base was around the ankles. I think all 254 entrants had a good day. Makes all the hard work seem worth it....................almost !!!!
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 11th Jan 2009, 20:29
Local Group: Merseystride
For once, we were lucky with the weather. The cold snap had finally been sent packing and the torrential rain had not yet arrived, so the day was mild with just a coolish breeze on the return over Holcombe Moor.
Under foot the ground was still hard but the frequent icy patches were lethal and had to be circumnavigated. A few juicy boggy bits survived but by and large this was easier going that some years.
As always, the support was wonderful - from the toast and tea at the start to the terrific broth at the end. Checkpoints were so well stocked that I ate only one bar of my own food.
I always enjoy this event but this year seemed like a real good 'un. So thanks everyone at East Lancs for giving up so much of your time and effort - it really is appreciated even if you only get one or two acknowledgments via this forum.
I've put some photos on facebook. You don't need to be a member to see them ...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=98480&l=d78ec&id=726015791

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law