Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - New Years Reseloution For LDWA

Posted: Sun 4th Jan 2009, 12:30
The time is ripe for the annual New Years resolutions. The one I suggest for the LDWA is to get a grip of this site. It is excellent, beautifully laid out, easy to understand and vastly under used. So why is it so under used? Have we too many pages?, are people interested?, if they are interested why is their so little traffic on it?.
Maybe I should start with some suggestions:
1) Let members use a non deplume. Providing it is registered with the web master and drop this nonsense “that every must be prepared to be open and accountable for their views”. A lot of people do not like to let others know their views in case they step on the wrong toes.
2) Cut down on the number of pages. Take a careful look at those that are not used or vastly under used and put them all in one check point i.e. “The Bothy”
3) When a challenge is advertised on this site, make it a condition that there is also a report on the site within 28 days of the event taking place.
4) Let’s have a National Committee report after the committee meetings.
5) Above all let’s not take things too serious, controversy with a fair dollop of tongue in cheek and a few nonsense postings would not do any harm.
And last but not least does any one know of a sure fire humane way of getting rid of Moles. The little fury variety, (not the Westminster variety) who seem to thing the Pennines should be moved in to my garden. I have tried those things that you stick in the ground and make a noise, all the moles did was put ear plugs in, I tried a catapult and they all stood up in front of the greenhouse, shouting “chicken” (I do believe at least one was making a rude gesture with two of his claws) Traps they have dug up and laid on the Patio (posh word for three bits of paving slab). When I used smoke they all walked around with gas masks on. Any advice from gardeners, keen or otherwise welcome.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law