Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Six Dales Circuit, 15th November 2008

Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 16th Nov 2008, 21:36
Local Group: Marches
I've done this event every year since 2003 and it is a personal favorite.This year I had been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and decided to rely on sat nav to find Biggin where the start was...well for those of you that don't know there are in fact 2 villages called Biggin within 15m of each other and guess what...the sat nav took us to the wrong Biggin...never mind, was 3/4 hour late starting but knew the route well so soon caught up. Great event as always, the hot cheesy oat cakes were a life saver as I was cold and wet by that stage. Shame about the weather but brilliant event as always.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 16th Nov 2008, 9:45
Local Group: Merseystride
This is one of my favourite events - the scenery is wonderful, the route superb and the food and support excellent. But, as always with our sport, the weather has a large part to play and this year it had excelled in providing a quagmire for long stretches of the route. On top of this it rained or drizzled until mid-afternoon, which made the limestone knobbles at the top of Lathkill Dale a tad more interesting. Similarly in Biggin Dale, which seems to last forever, the river had completely flooded the path and more knobble negotiation was needed. In fact I was so impressed with the mud, in all its forms, that I've started a "Mud Appreciation Society" group on facebook. So, if you have piccies or a story head over there and share it.
Once back in the village hall the food and atmosphere were wonderful and I can't thank Keith and the team enough for another grand day out. (Garfield)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law