Would have been 27 feet of snow but for global warming
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Thu 8th Jan 2009, 12:45
Local Group: South Manchester
Global warming? Pah!
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Fri 2nd Jan 2009, 10:11
Local Group: Lakeland
Visited our daughter in New Mexico and planned to spend Christmas in a bothy (a yurt actually) near the Colorado border. They are having a real winter in the USA (even Las Vegas has had snow) and there was 7 feet of lying snow on the Cumbres Pass with lots more forecast so a rapid change of plan was implemented. Reckon we would still have been there now had we tried it.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Wed 24th Dec 2008, 23:10
Local Group: Mid Wales
Another hour and then Happy Christmas everyone ...........etc. Glad to see nobody has adulterated the bothy with tinsel, decorations and fairies, would have been nice to see slightly less mouse pooh on the floor, but just me being picky, guess it will all go into the Christmas stew!!
Anyone out walking today? Certainly a must for us two, if only to escape the pestering tortoise for an hour, it's worse than having children in the house. Have a good day all. Matt.
Posted: Fri 14th Nov 2008, 23:20
Any chance of a lady member popping in and sorting out all the dirty dishes left festering in the sink for a week, and kicking the bloody family of mice out - that have eaten all the provisions? Matt.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Thu 16th Oct 2008, 20:57
Local Group: East Lancashire
Only a flying visit, too busy. Since October 1st I have processed 93 new members. Might just get busy in here now.
Posted: Wed 15th Oct 2008, 22:15
Few years back there were several comments in the 'visitors book' of a certain bothy in the Towy forest near us. There seemed to be a tame fox which visited and actually came inside to be fed if anyone left the door open. One way of getting rid of the mouse! Matt.
Author: John King
Posted: Wed 15th Oct 2008, 21:55
Wrong Matt you`re never alone in a Bothy at the very least there is the bothy Mouse, usually quite tame and amusing, but if you get real lucky there is often a bothy ghost with whom to strike up some really intriguing conversations,

Odd though they both seem to be lacking in here, oh well time to move on i guess;-)
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Wed 15th Oct 2008, 19:27
Local Group: Merseystride
Well, here I am again, back in the snug warmth of The Bothy. Not much sign of activity since I was last here. Great, got the place to myself..... No one making irritating remarks about the percentage of chocolate biscuits on the last Brewers Droop 77 ... or saying that they don't have any truck with GPS and that they navigate by the stars ... or saying that runners should be hung, drawn and quartered ... yes, it's nice and quiet in here.....

Bit boring, though.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sat 11th Oct 2008, 23:28
Local Group: Merseystride
Yes, I was in the Welsh clag today. Running along the Clwyds in drizzle and mist. Still, it has been wonderful weather-wise around here recently. I was the one who left the newspaper in the Bothy regarding the wonderful Hull City and their amazing run of wins. I guess you probably lit the fire with it. Garfield
Posted: Sat 11th Oct 2008, 22:43
Well it's been empty since September, getting a bit damp and putrid in this weather. So I called in today and lit the fire, had a brew and then set off into the Welsh clag. Otherwise all is well there. Matt.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law