Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - SHOTLEY PENNINSULA 55

Posted: Thu 18th Sep 2008, 8:02
AS this was my first event with the LDWA, and my first time over 26.2 miles i was extremely impressed by what i saw.

The organisation was superb, as was the scenery and also the camaraderie with other walkers/runners (especially at the point where 10 of us all got lost in the same place).

Good food, good compamy, good 13 hours well spent, thanks Essex & Herts - same time next year??
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 15th Sep 2008, 20:36
Local Group: Marches
What a fabulous walk, visiting some really interesting places. I have always wanted to see Wily Lotts cottage and the morris dancers were an added treat. Loved the moody misty start, which soon brightened and it was a lovely day - so lucky with the spell of inclement weather we've had.

Great atmospheric nightime view of the harbour as we walked along the sea wall.

Great route, great food and a big well done and thankyou for all who made this possible.

Only downside was a health issue - please see other thread in the bothy!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law