Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Association of Fell Ramblers & Wayfarers

Posted: Mon 1st Sep 2008, 8:25
I was going through some old notes last night and have found a certificate dated 2nd of August 1980 for the “Wear Valley Way” and the what’s left of the Wear Valley way Handbook. It appears to have been ran by Alan Earnshaw of the “Association of Fell Ramblers & Wayfarers”
The photo on the front of the hand book shows the “Killhope Wheel before it was restored. I vaguely remember getting bussed up to the start at the wheel but not a great lot more about the event other that it was my 1st challange walk and that I and several others walked in with the sweepers after visiting several pubs on the last few miles. Can any one say what has happened to Alan and the “Association of Fell Ramblers & Wayfarers” ? It is a marvellous descriptive title and it would be a shame if it has went defunct.
I know that the walk is not done now but Northumberland what a great walk it would be to revive it as a "one off"
David H

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law