Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Ideas Forum - Help Wanted

Posted: Tue 19th Aug 2008, 19:59
Hi,
We in the Marches Group have a desperate need for help. We organise up to 5 challenge events a year and the same half dozen members( called the Committee!) do the work. We have more than 100 sleeping members in our post code catchment so if any of you read this please and wish to help then please email me(chris1,dawes@virgin,net).

Maybe you want to contribute to the organisation of a 100? We are in the very early stages of planning the Housman100 of 2011(see details on the Group website under future events, housman 100 on the navigation bar). So again contact me and I will pass on the details of the next planning meeting we will be having in the autumn.

Finally I agree it would be worth trying a "help wanted" topic on the forum.
Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Mon 11th Aug 2008, 10:28
Local Group: Surrey
Good idea. I was at the Lakeland 100 at the w/end and they had put a call out on their own website for helpers. Tony & Giselle from Northumberland manned CP4 and there was a chap (whose name I didn't get) from one of the Yorkshire groups at CP6.

This has potential to be a great event, and there may be members who are local and able to help out for a few hours without having to commit the whole weekend.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Fri 8th Aug 2008, 22:24
Local Group: Mid Wales
How about a 'Help Needed' topic where organisers can put out specific cries for help on walks. For instance- "Washers up needed at the Blaydon 40. 14.00hrs on." or "Two more Marshalls needed at the Elan 25. No walking involved. Might suit walk supporter" It might encourage a few runners (probably the injured variety, I know) to help, and also get some of the walk hangers-on to lend a hand. I nearly always offer to help if I go to a Fell race to watch Matthew, there's usually something to do, even if its only gate duty keeping sheep in. We are always desperately short of help at the Rhayader Mountain Trail (next W/E!!!!) and inevitably end up begging a few supporters to help with washing up. I don't think most walkers and runners realise the huge effort that goes into even the smallest events

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law