Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - A FOOT IN 2 DALES

Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Fri 25th Jul 2008, 17:16
Local Group: Marches
Sounds good. The thing I liked about the minimal RD on 'a foot in 2 dales' was the fact that it was sent out before hand so I could plot the route calmly in my own home. I have been to events in the past with either no RD at all or a very minimal one and you are expected to study the map on the wall along with 50 other people before the event starts and it just becomes a bit of a bun fight - same goes if there are lots of route amendments up on a wall somewhere. In the past I have just given up trying to glimpse it though several other people. No probs with minimal RD as long as I can please plot the route at home!
Author: Gillian Elisabeth Kingwell
Posted: Wed 23rd Jul 2008, 23:06
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Agreed at this evenings C&D Group meeting to be 8am till 7pm on Sunday 19th July to avoid the Willsworthy Camp army firing range calendar - cause we like to see all our entrants return with smiling faces; and in one piece. Hoping to see some new faces there too as its going to be a sunny day so i'm told!
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Tue 22nd Jul 2008, 22:56
Local Group: Merseystride
Sounds good - I think we may be putting Dartmoor in the diary for next July. Any ideas about dates yet, or is it a bit early to be asking questions like that?

[Helen Southall]
Author: Gillian Elisabeth Kingwell
Posted: Mon 21st Jul 2008, 23:28
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
To all those out there that can (and do enjoy) reading a map rather than a sheet of paper describing a route how about driving south and west to enter Cornwall & Devon's Dartmoor Reservoirs Kanter - next July out of Lydford taking in the western fringe moorland. This year 71 entrants thoroughly enjoyed the freedom of planning their own moorland route out of South Brent taking in the southern moor and proving they made it by answering simple clues for the grid references provided. We can offer 14m, 19m and 24m routes and a very apetising spread at the finish as a just reward for absorbing all that marvelous scenery without the hinderance of head down reading a route discription!
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 20th Jul 2008, 12:41
Local Group: Marches
Well done to Cleveland group for staging this great event. Usual beautiful Yorkshire scenery and great grub throughout and excellent and friendly support.

When we first entered this event I presumed there would be the usual idiot proof route description. When we realised the RD was minimal and we would have to actually read a map I was a little concerned....My fears were ill founded and found I actually enjoyed following a map instead of an RD (I know you should do this anyway but I find it difficult to multitask and end up just following the RD normally)

Many thanks and really glad we did the event!!!!!!!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law