Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - The ultimate weather protector

Posted: Fri 20th Jun 2008, 22:15
Can not blame you. A little stone on a steep slope on Lomond side cost me a lot of pride and six months off any thing other than a ramble or a bike ride. But I still can not see any red blooded LDWA person trying one of those hoods.Unless they are on a very remote CP are well disguised and it is blasting down with rain.
David H
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Fri 20th Jun 2008, 20:42
Local Group: Mid Wales
Government will 'upwardly adjust' the pension age just before you reach it, sods law.

Go a bit faster on the bike and to hell with the consequences, live for the present, some b****r will always bolox your future up. Matt.

ps. if you haven't already gathered I've been injured for 5 weeks and am feeling somewhat sour with life!!
Posted: Fri 20th Jun 2008, 20:08
Have to admit I was humming a version of the Dam Busters March, as the wind caught me and the bike on the Waskerley line today and pushed us both to speeds close to the limit and far in exces of what I normaly do. It was brilliant. I Felt like I was six again instead of rapidly appraoching Government pension age.
David H
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Fri 20th Jun 2008, 11:56
Local Group: High Peak
'Spitfires Dambusters'
artistic licence
Posted: Thu 19th Jun 2008, 19:31
Spitfires Dambusters. One was a fighter the other a bomber and any man, sorry person wearing one of those things would still look a prat. Though normaly I would not be bothered what any one wears or does not wear on the fells (the wife and I once seen the naked rambler, the only comment was "I hope he doesnt walk through that patch of thistles")but this is a hood to far.
David H
Posted: Thu 19th Jun 2008, 11:15
i would have thought the older men would love this. it's like being back in the cockpit of a spitfire ican see the flashing blade now on the peakers stroll launchinng himself off the top of winn hill heading for ladybower recreating the dam busters all over again
Posted: Thu 19th Jun 2008, 6:23
No
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Wed 18th Jun 2008, 23:10
Local Group: West Yorkshire
So I take it David that you've not ordered yours yet then? ...
Posted: Wed 18th Jun 2008, 21:05
For any man who has not sampled NHS food, try useing one of those in certain parts of Tyneside (or Carlisle after Midnight on a Friday or Saturday)and you certainly soon will.
David H
PS It would not be PC for me to say what I think of men useing these any where.
Posted: Wed 18th Jun 2008, 14:30
just need someone to come up with a big enough handbag
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Wed 18th Jun 2008, 9:53
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Matt - I think you need some serious fashion training!
Posted: Tue 17th Jun 2008, 22:49
B****y women ...... any excuse to spend more money on fashion items !! Matt.
Posted: Tue 17th Jun 2008, 22:27
Um.............???
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Tue 17th Jun 2008, 14:36
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I look forward to seeing someone on an LDWA event using this piece of kit.

Nubrella web site

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law