Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Three Rings of Shap

Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Wed 18th Jun 2008, 18:51
Local Group: East Lancashire
Two new members today, both from the Penrith area, both on the results list.
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Wed 18th Jun 2008, 16:40
Local Group: Cumbria
Thanks to everyone for coming. We had a record entry and a record number of 100K completers - 21 in all. Everyone else seemed to enjoy a mixture of one and two Rings on a great day for walking.
I have ordered similar weather for next year's provisional date of 13.6.09.
The results are available on our website at Three Rings of Shap - 2008 Results
Author: John King
Posted: Tue 17th Jun 2008, 18:20
That was great thanks to everybody
Author: Ken Falconer
Posted: Mon 16th Jun 2008, 18:32
Local Group: Heart of Scotland
Yes, a very enjoyable event. Fine scenery and good views on three very different rings and good walking weather - even the renowned boggy bits were dry. The (mainly homemade) food was excellent, especially the rhubarb crumble! Many thanks to Tony D and Cumbria Group for all their hard work, not least to those who spent long spells at the outdoor checkpoints and at HQ.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Mon 16th Jun 2008, 17:32
Local Group: Lakeland
Many thanks to Tony Deall and the Cumbria Group for demonstrating once again what a small enthusiastic group can achieve. The route is excellent, each ring showing off a different aspect of Cumbria scenery, and the three ring format means that there is a distance to suit everyone. The event's reputation must be spreading - entries were well up on previous years.
I have only one complaint - the rhubarb crumble had run out when I finished at 4am!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law