Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Woldsman 2009

Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Wed 25th Mar 2009, 10:06
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I'm just using this posting to move the "woldsman" up the topic list! I can confirm that all arrangements are in place and that we will accept entries on the day.
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Fri 30th Jan 2009, 10:11
Even if this years event does prove to be full there is no harm getting your qualifier in for 2010.I must admit Scotland sounds very attractive.
Having done the Woldsman last year I can say that this is an excellent event and a great warm up for the 100 even if you already have a qualifier under your belt.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Thu 29th Jan 2009, 22:45
Local Group: Lakeland
I have it on good authority that there are 347 Wessex Hundred entries so far. Unless there is an unexpected rush in the next 3 weeks it is unlikely that a ballot will be needed.
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Thu 29th Jan 2009, 21:45
Local Group: London
I've just had a look on the Wessex 100 website, and it seems that they're anticipating getting the maximum 530 entries soon, in which case there will be a draw on Feb 21, long before the Woldsman. I don't want to put anyone off the Woldsman, which is a fantastic event, but it might be too late to use it as a 100 qualifier for this year.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Thu 29th Jan 2009, 21:14
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Paul - yes here it is! Thanks. Entry is in the post...
Posted: Tue 20th Jan 2009, 18:14
Not only is the Woldsman ideal preparation / qualification for the Hundred, but its very suitable for those who are attempting fifty miles for the first time.
The organisation is almost the same as last year. The major differences are, one start time at 8 o’clock on Saturday 18th April and the entry fee is now £15. Entries will be accepted on the day for an additional £3, but please pre-enter if you can.
Driffield Show Ground is a great venue. It’s easy to find, with good public transport links and there is plenty of space. Affordable accommodation can be found near by and camping / floor space is available by prior arrangement (this must be booked in advance)
Entry forms are available from eyldwa_entries@btinternet.com or Neal Ingram, 27 Main Street, North Frodingham, East Yorkshire, YO25 8JX.
The 09 route has one small amendment and route descriptions are available from Neal or myself paul.tremere@karoo.co.uk
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Thu 5th Jun 2008, 23:38
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Well I have got it pencilled in for next year already!!! I am hoping to have a slightly better time than this year ...
Posted: Thu 5th Jun 2008, 21:01
The 2009 Woldsman will take place on Saturday 18th / Sunday 19th April. The start / headquarters will again be Driffield Showgound (018566). The organisation and route will be similar to this year with Neal Ingram continuing as entry secretary. Entry forms should be available from September. If you did not do it in 08, take a look at the comments in "Past Events" and make sure not to miss it in 09

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law