Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - WELLINGTON BOOT

Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Tue 29th Apr 2008, 21:41
Local Group: Heart of England
Absolutely wonderful event. We really enjoyed the gorgeous weather, brilliant varied route and stunning scenery. Many many thanks to all the organisers, marshalls and helpers. The support at CPs was excellent - great range of food at every one and lots of smiling faces and encouraging chat. Hard to beat.

The way to enjoy the breakfast is to sleep first and then eat!
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 29th Apr 2008, 9:43
Local Group: Dorset
Glad to hear that you all enjoyed it.

It is not an easy event

Deirdre and I were marshalling at CP1 and then helping out at Monksilver and we noticed how hot and thirsty everyone was on arriving at CP3. The afternoon must have been tough.

Glad you finished, Elton. Hope to see you on the 100 (We will be at the back, as usual...)

mike childs Dorset Group
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Mon 28th Apr 2008, 19:32
Local Group: Surrey
A really good event: well organized, well catered, wonderful route. All the heavy hills near the beginning, most of the night hills on country lanes, a long toddle along a canal to build up a bit of mileage (kilometrage in this case).

Every group in the country will be hungering after one piece of information: How Devon and Cornwall managed to get the forecast of heavy rain during the night changed into a mere half dozen drops on the ground.
Author: Julian Brown
Posted: Mon 28th Apr 2008, 17:00
Local Group: Staffordshire
Many thanks to all at Cornwall and Devon - and the other groups - who marshalled and supported for the event.

Lovely route, great views, perfect weather, super support on the way round and at the finish. They don't come better.

Cheers Jo, Alison, Jeff (who's done the lot so knows a good thing when he sees it) anf Julian
Author: Paul Burgess
Posted: Mon 28th Apr 2008, 16:35
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
I agree with you Rebecca, an absolutely first class "Boot" (my first) and yes, boy was it demanding! I`m still suffering with 3 nice blisters today. The weather & scenery couldn`t have been better for us.
By the way, for us "slowcoaches" who finished at 7.30am the cooked breakfast went down a treat!
Many thanks to all those who made the event possible. It was much appreciated.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 27th Apr 2008, 21:36
Local Group: Marches
Did this event 3 years ago and I had forgotten how much of a challenge it was!

Well done and many thanks to the Devon and Cornwall Group and their helpers for their dedication in making this event the success it was. The route and scenery were lovely, the checkpoint food spot on, especially the pasta at checkpoint 4. The RD was comprehensive - some stiles / finger posts were different to that described, but things can change very quickly and nothing that would send you astray.

Only downside was we were sorry to miss the meal at the end which didn't start until 5am, but we didn't want to hang around as we had to drive back to the midlands. Save my bacon and eggs for next time.

Many thanks once again

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law