Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - YOREDALE HUNDRED ROUTE DESCRIPTION - AMENDMENTS

Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Thu 15th May 2008, 14:55
Local Group: London
The new checkpoint at Addingham is lovely. It's the Parish Council Offices (and a former schoolhouse). We had a look at it yesterday on the last day of our 100 walk-out. No loos on-site, but there are public loos very close. The only slight downside is that you have to climb a set of steps to reach it, which won't be amazingly good fun at that stage of the event.
Author: Peter R Wood
Posted: Fri 9th May 2008, 10:55
Local Group: The Irregulars
Catharine

If you contact me by e-mail on wrose@blueyonder.co.uk I will let you have a Word version of the amendments and/or route description that reflect the re-location of the Addingham Checkpoint (17)

That applies to anyone else who may be interested.

Peter
Author: Catharine Gregory
Posted: Tue 29th Apr 2008, 16:25
Local Group: Bristol & West
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the amendments. I see you've updated the website to reflect the changes but wondered if the updated route available as a Word file or something easily printable?

Thanks,

Catharine
Author: Alan Jolly
Posted: Tue 22nd Apr 2008, 17:54
Sorry to reply to my own post!!! but I solved it by using GPSBabel thanks
Author: Alan Jolly
Posted: Mon 21st Apr 2008, 21:06
Thanks for uploading the files. Does anyone know the easiest/best way to convert these to .mmo files to use with Memory Map software? Thanks
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Fri 18th Apr 2008, 17:14
Local Group: Marches
Just come back from a reccy and found the route description very comprehensive. The only problem we had was coming off Ingleborough, we didn't spot the pond on the left (point 7.2), and therefore ended up on the wrong (and extremely steep)section down. I'm sure the pond was there, but since it was snowing on top and blowing a gale we didn't want to hang around too long to look for it. Hopefully on the day the marked section will lead to the correct path. We also counted more than 4 finger posts (point 11.6) but this is nothing that would throw you on the day particularly.

Really looking forward to it - seems a great route with the odd challenging section thrown in!
Author: Julian Brown
Posted: Thu 17th Apr 2008, 15:31
Local Group: Staffordshire
Cheers Peter, many thanks.

Have put them here... copy and paste into your browser..

http://www.mh.k313.com/mh/LDWAhundred2008

... in each case download the file you're interested in - right click and 'save target as'.... then open with tracklogs.
'1.trl to 19.trl' for the main trot,
'm1.trl to m14.trl for the marshals trundle.
'parent directory' seems to get you the Macclesfield Harriers website.
Posted: Thu 17th Apr 2008, 14:34
Dear Jo & Julian

Considerate done.

I have just had a report that the broken stile at para 5.35 (4.35 for Marshals Walk) has been replaced by a small gate. So much for the power of prayer or rather contacting the powers that be.

Best wishes to you both,

Peter
Author: Julian Brown
Posted: Tue 15th Apr 2008, 15:42
Local Group: Staffordshire
Peter,

If you could send the tracklogs route that would be great.

I'll happily put it on t'internet - somewhere - if you want - (no doubt plenty of others could do the same) - save quite a lot of tapping in.

julian.brown (at) astrazeneca.com
Posted: Tue 15th Apr 2008, 13:44
Whilst not actually responsible for designing the route (the credit for that belongs to Andy Ward) I am responsible for putting the few(?) words together to describe it. So here for what they are worth are the amendments that are needed

MAIN EVENT

Para 3.40 Last line "(A split in the path occurs at SD866689.....)" The grid reference should be SD866639.
Para 6.10 and 6.11. These can be deleted. The checkpoint will be at the Refuge and these two paragraphs are duplicated by 7.1 and 7.2.
Para 8.24 The finger post at Cam End (SD802804) appears to have been removed whilst repairs to the track are being made.
Para 13.6 Amend the cross-reference to para 17.37 to 17.39.
Para 14.35 Last line Amend the grid reference from SE001467 to SE001647.
Para 15.4 Amend second sentence to read "Turn sharply right on enclosed path......" (i.e. replace left with right).
Section 16. Some of the riverside paths are reportedly badly eroded so please take extra care - particularly at night.
Checkpoint 16 details Correct overall milrage is 90.82 (not 90.31)

MARSHALS EVENT

Para 2.21 Last line "(A split in the path occurs at SD866689.....)" The grid reference should be SD866639.
Para 6.24 The finger post at Cam End (SD802804) appears to have been removed whilst repairs to the track are being made.
Para 12.35 Last line Amend the grid reference from SE001467 to SE001647.
Para 13.4 Amend second sentence to read "Turn sharply right on enclosed path......" (i.e. replace left with right).
Section 13. Some of the riverside paths are reportedly badly eroded so please take extra care - particularly at night.

Depending upon the source of your description e-mail or snail mail some of these amendments may have been incorporated.

The really important one is to turn right not left in para 15.4 (13.4) above. Hopefully walking into a wall and not having the house on your right would have been a clue!

I have the route mapped in TrackLogs should anyone wish to have it.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law