Discussion Forum - Events - South Shropshire Circular

Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Tue 26th Feb 2008, 17:07
Local Group: Marches
For photos and report see the new Marches website - link from "local groups"
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Mon 25th Feb 2008, 12:33
Local Group: South Manchester
It was a brilliant day out. After at least 3 weeks without any rain, some areas of ground reminded me of summertime, they were so dry. Any mud was minor.

The catering was first class. The ladies from the WI deserve special thanks because their sumptuous, wholesome stew at the finish was second to none.

I now know why the organisers ask us to bring torches - so we can see to mark up our maps. That gas lighting was subdued and intimate, to say the least.
Author: Steve Jelfs
Posted: Sun 24th Feb 2008, 14:12
Local Group: Heart of England
what more can one say great event ,great tops ( and plenty of them ) great day out , thanks neil and all your helpers
Posted: Sat 23rd Feb 2008, 21:17
What a great day! As usual a well organised event with 1st class catering and cheerful marshals.
A dry cloudy day, a little mud underfoot and a cooling wind on the tops. And what tops, I think we went up every hill in South Shropshire! Thanks to Neil and all the helpers.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law