Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - That's Lyth

Author: Nicky Wood
Posted: Thu 28th Feb 2008, 23:02
Local Group: Lakeland
Hello all. Message from us all at Westmorland and North Lancs - we are really glad you enjoyed our event, planning it keeps us out of mischief in the cold winter nights. Come back for more on 6 April when we have our Spring in Lakeland event in the Coniston area. Best wishes (from the patient humourous sweepers!!)
Author: John King
Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2008, 17:54
I can Echo all of that, Thanks everybody for a great day out.
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2008, 17:47
Local Group: Northumbria
I agree. This is a really good route and the weather has always been good for me. This time the views were great as well. Three good checkpoints and a nice welcome back at the end. This is everything a LDWA event should be.
Author: John Knight
Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2008, 16:21
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
This was my first return to this event since 2002, and it was every bit as excellent as I remembered! Thanks to all the good folks of Westmorland & North Lancs group, including George at Levens who remembered Jane passing through and me bailing out in 2001, whoever supplied the doughnuts and the patient and good-humoured sweepers who saw Carl, me and the lads from Wigan safely back to Kendal.

John
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2008, 12:42
Local Group: South Manchester
Well, what a turn up for the books the weather was. Mild, bright and dry. A relatively dry week meant that what little mud there was, was firming up nicely. It was my first event this year where dampness did not encroach inside my shoes. Yet again we have been blessed with good weather for That's Lyth.

A sell-out as usual (how could it not be at that price?) it was as good as I always remember it - beautiful route and scenery and super friendly & willing volunteers supporting us all.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law