Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Winter Tanners

Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2008, 17:05
Local Group: Surrey
Well done to all who finished this one. Certificates, report & results will be in the post tomorrow.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Wed 16th Jan 2008, 16:41
Local Group: Surrey
Beautiful walk through the Surrey countryside: woods, hillsides, meadows, and slogs through ploughed fields, mud sucking at your boots and the boots weighing twice as much on laving the field as on entering it. Thanks to organizers and marshals, and especially to Fiona for enduring the long and lonely vigil in Leatherhead carpark - and still smiling at the end!
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Sun 13th Jan 2008, 21:58
Local Group: London
Yes, I can second that. Apart from getting lost in exactly the same place as I did in the summer Tanners, so 30 ended up 35, it was grand.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Sun 13th Jan 2008, 19:38
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Just to say thank you to Surrey for putting on The Winter Tanners. This is the first time I've done the event (20 mile route) and I can see why it has acquired it's reputation as a tough winter event! When the route description said "Steep Climbs or Steep Descents" they were! And as for the mud....... But thanks for putting on a good event. A fairly brisk way of starting off the New Year.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law