Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Hebden

Author: Alan Greenwood
Posted: Sun 13th Jan 2008, 7:55
Local Group: Calderdale
I have a pair of grey Lotto leggings, a pair of black Nike trousers, a blue Mountain Range hat, and a small green map case, all of which were left behind after the above event.
Author: Nigel Dean
Posted: Mon 7th Jan 2008, 17:41
Local Group: West Lancashire
Unfortunately I was ill last year but heard glowing reports about it, which made matters worse. Having done it this year last years reports were defiantly not attempts to wind me up! While it is not easy to come up with a bad route in that area of the country, this one was the best of the best. Excellent route, views, atmosphere and food. I have done much muddier walks than this one.
Thanks to all involved and see you next year.
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Mon 7th Jan 2008, 12:56
Local Group: South Manchester
What a marvellous mudfest it was. It was great to get out on the first event of the year and have a good blast to blow away the cobwebs that had accumulated over the holidays. All the well-stocked checkpoints were just what we needed to keep us going in tough old Calderdale in winter. I decided/was presuaded to eat more this year, so I enjoyed my first ever beef dripping sandwich in the woodwork shop, which chased down the chocolate cake from an earlier checkpoint. The food throughout was excellent.

Brilliant organisation, brilliant countryside, challenging route and a VERY busy and popular event. I'll be back.

Nick.
Author: Carole Elizabeth Engel
Posted: Sun 6th Jan 2008, 17:12
Local Group: Calderdale
Many thanks Tony. Was a hectic day for us all but we enjoyed it immensely. Very pleased to have you with us and thanks for entering early!
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sun 6th Jan 2008, 16:57
Local Group: Lakeland
Many thanks to Carole, Alan and the team for a fine day out in the hills, valleys and mud of Calderdale. Great atmosphere from a full entry of 300, well stocked checkpoints every 3 or 4 miles and an excellent meal at the finish - loved the apple crumble. Even the overnight rain stopped on cue.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law