Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Reservoir Roundabout???

Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Wed 27th Feb 2008, 19:44
Local Group: Northumbria
More than a classic walk - the first walk listed in the first calendar of organised walks in the first LDWA Newsletter
Author: Eleanor Rutter
Posted: Sat 26th Jan 2008, 21:41
Local Group: Wessex
I was the one from Winchester, what a good way to start the new year. Lovely day lovely walk, see you all there next year.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Mon 7th Jan 2008, 22:20
Local Group: Marches
Just because noone organised it did not mean the old reservoir roundabout didn't take place - amazing to stand at the bottom of the dam and see the cars keep rolling up - about 25 walkers from as far afield as London and Winchester as well as the locals turned up on cue to keep the walk alive - what else does one do on the first Saturday after the new year but wade through a few icy rivers and trip over the tussocks of Mid Wales?
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sat 5th Jan 2008, 16:19
Local Group: Surrey
Have a good day, we can't make it. Just got home and both recovering from food poisoning - haven't had a meal in nearly 5 days, not ideal preperation!! Matt.

No doubt that was due to the remains of that 2 litres of whisky Jane told you not to get for Christmas last year. ;-)
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Fri 4th Jan 2008, 12:48
Local Group: Mid Wales
Have a good day, we can't make it. Just got home and both recovering from food poisoning - haven't had a meal in nearly 5 days, not ideal preperation!! Matt.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Sun 30th Dec 2007, 20:16
Local Group: Marches
Mid Wales group are turning up to do this as a social walk starting at 8.30 5th January -see you under the dam Emlyn
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 18th Nov 2007, 21:33
Local Group: Mid Wales
Good on you, I'm sure a few will turn up to blow the cobwebs away. Another classic walk 'lost'.
I may join you, and drum up a few more for the outing, decide nearer the time. Matt.
Posted: Sun 18th Nov 2007, 20:25
As there is no Reservoir Roundabout in 2008,to keep up the tradition I intend to walk the route on January 5th. If anyone wishes to accompany me I will be in the bottom Claerwen Dam car park at about 08.00hrs
Contact me if you wish on emlyno@talktalk.net

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law