Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wensleydale Wedge

Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Mon 19th Nov 2007, 13:04
Local Group: South Manchester
The Wedge was quite a challenge this year in the first half with that biting wind, though we were very lucky in that the rain/sleet/snow had stopped before we set off. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself running through fresh snowfields across the first top. Thereafter, the wind abated to make the whole experience far more enjoyable. A slight tail breeze on the final slog from Castle Bolton was a bonus.

The long journey to this event was definitely worth it. A lot of others must feel the same way, judging by the impressively large turnout.

Nick.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Sun 18th Nov 2007, 23:00
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Well, what can I say? Very mixed. The weather for the first part was fairly horrendous. Didn't help by me falling into a stream and getting soaked up to my middle after 30 minutes. So I was cold and fairly miserable for a time. Then we had the long gentle run down into Thoralby which got me going ok. Lovely refreshments in the village hall. Had trouble getting going again though after that! All down to tiredness really. I had done the Tour of Pendle fell race yesterday and was tired before I started. Very early start and long drive all add up! The route was nice - good for running as there were long, clear paths with no fiddly route finding. Think I'll have to go back for the views though. Didn't see too much! Quite a lot of runners compared to the events I've done recently. As ever nice friendly event and well organised.
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Sun 18th Nov 2007, 18:57
Local Group: Northumbria
Did you enjoy the walk?
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2007, 18:43
John - many thanks.
Author: John Darley
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2007, 10:30
Local Group: Nidderdale
The path not shown is signposted at GR 022 898 (stile) going eastward to join Thoresby Lane. It is shown on latest maps
Posted: Sun 28th Oct 2007, 23:18
Just got my details back for this (on 18th Nov). Anyone else doing it? Well there are obviously plenty because I'm not number 1! I'm a bit confused about the route. I just got checkpoints, without description of where the route goes. (I'm happy with this as I generally prefer to go off a map). But there looks like one part where there's no path marked - between Freeholders Wood and Low Thoresby. Anyway know where it goes? Thanks

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law