Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Grin N Bear It

Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Fri 19th Oct 2007, 12:51
Local Group: South Manchester
I remember those whole oranges when I last did the event a couple of years ago. I was standing at an early checkpoint with a whole orange in my hand, wondering what to do with it when a marshal gave me a plastic thingy with which to stab the orange and which had a spout to suck it dry. It wasn't very successful. The orange skin split immediately, which broke the seal and let in air whenever I sucked. After swallowing all that air with the odd drop of the orange nectar, I belched my way to the next checkpoint and presented them with said plastic thingy plus some orange pulp. I don't think they knew what to do with it, but their puzzlement was better than littering the countryside with thingies and pulp.

Nick.
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Thu 18th Oct 2007, 20:48
Local Group: Heart of England
Thanks for this, Merrian. We very much enjoyed this event. Perfect weather, super route and everyone was very friendly. The best bit was the fact that we were supporting the local mountain rescue team and their dogs. Doing the long route, we're glad that we started earlier than the legions of other runners, who were doing the short route - much too stressful otherwise. Also, of course, we were in time for the rugby!!
Another point - there were lots of oranges at the checkpoints, which would have been great if they had been cut up.
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Wed 10th Oct 2007, 10:31
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
photos and results are on

http://www.woodheadmrt.org/home.htm

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law