Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Gear

Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Fri 5th Oct 2007, 22:55
Local Group: Mid Wales
I have carried a pair of latex gloves (ones that are used for working etc, come in boxes of 100). Quite handy to have tucked away in the bottom of a sack for emergencies. Weigh virtually nothing, and provide windproof & waterprooof cover ... helps a lot if caught out by bad weather.

Could also try a large pair with thin insulation gloves underneath. I'm too tight to buy anything better!! Matt.
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Fri 5th Oct 2007, 16:21
Local Group: High Peak
sealskin do waterproof gloves in the same vein as their waterproof socks. Havn't tried them. I use a pair of silk gloves as liners for my plain one size fits all gloves when it's cold, but like Geoff i get too hot
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Fri 5th Oct 2007, 13:30
Local Group: High Peak
Mittens, though less practical, are always warmer than gloves and Buffalo claim that theirs are even warm when wet. I have a pair but I've not tested this claim! The trouble is I usually have to take them off after a couple of miles, even in winter, because my hands are too hot!

Geoff
Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Thu 4th Oct 2007, 21:56
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Can anyone advise on the choiceof gloves. Are there any waterproof and warm?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law