Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Cotswold Challenge

Author: Martin Callow
Posted: Sun 30th Sep 2007, 15:36
Local Group: Dorset
I support John's comments. I thought it was a very well organised event with a wonderful route and good refreshments. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the last few miles. Nothing to do with the walk, but I lost my GPS. It was in the last 5 miles as I remember checking it at around 20 miles. It's a yellow Garmin 60 - quite a big thing, which unfortunately was attached to my belt by a useless clip. If anyone has picked this up will they kindly let me have it back - email me on m_callow@yahoo.com - I will be so grateful. It ruined what was otherwise a wonderful day. I retraced about a mile or so to look for it, so was late as well.

I have reported this to the walk organisers (entry no 42).
Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Sat 29th Sep 2007, 22:29
Local Group: South Wales
Once again, many, many thanks are due to the Bristol & West Group for putting on a superb Cotswold Challenge today.

The new route was delightful and took full advantage of the beautiful scenery that this lovely part of the country offers.

The route description was excellent. The support all around the route, and at the event centre, was first class. The refreshments were up to the usual high standards.

What a friendly, enjoyable walk!

Well done once again, guys & gals!

John.
Author: Catharine Gregory
Posted: Wed 26th Sep 2007, 9:05
Local Group: Bristol & West
I now have a copy of the route description (I've just sent it to you, Martin). If anyone else doing the event on Saturday would like it in advance, please email me on secretary@ldwa-bristolandwest.org.uk
Catharine
Posted: Tue 25th Sep 2007, 18:57
The link is OK but the email address itself isn't. However I have just emailed the Secretary Catherine on the same host and that works OK.
Author: David W Street
Posted: Tue 25th Sep 2007, 17:56
Martin,
Not sure what you mean as there is no e-mail address given on the Bristol & West site, it is a link. This is done to stop spam trawlers. However, I have just checked the link and it is working O.K.
I have contacted the organiser for you to find out if they are sending out RDs before hand.
B&W webmaster
Author: Catharine Gregory
Posted: Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:58
Martin, I will find out and get back to you. As you probably know, it is a different route this year so last year's route description is out of date.
Catharine
Posted: Mon 24th Sep 2007, 16:14
It would have been nice to have had a route description in advance for this event - is there any chance of that (from anyone) ? As many do I like to print them out in a large font so I can read them without glasses. I have tried emailing the addresses on the Bristol and West site but am getting failure notices.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law