Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - Update goes live

Author: John King
Posted: Thu 20th Sep 2007, 22:28
Thanks Tony and Team it`s getting a whole lot better and i await the new years development with bated breath.

I am sure the positive moves on the website will lead to positive development and future of the LDWA.

It doe`s not matter whether we are runners, walkers or whatever, the common denominator is we love our wild places and the company of like minded folks.

So as the saying go`s ONWARDS AND FORWARDS

Well done and thank you for the Graft put in by you all

John
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 20th Sep 2007, 22:10
Local Group: Mid Wales
I believe this site update is a start in the right direction for the organisation, I wonder if it would ever have come about without the persistant badgering (on here) of a small number of members?
I noticed the acknowledgement of 'runners and walkers' somewhere, surely this at last puts to rest the age old argument of 'are we runners or walkers'? There is a tremendous amount of good feeling towards ldwa events in the running community, and it is growing each year - we are all out there for the same reasons and the ldwa have a fantastic accumulated knowledge of how to put on distance events. Now let's build on it and publicise them. Matthew
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Wed 19th Sep 2007, 12:41
Local Group: South Manchester
I love it. Much better than before, and more useful and friendly to non-members. It is a much better advertisement for attracting new members.
I like the annexe too, even if it does appear at first to be a bit fussy and over complicated. It shows a lot of promise for a lot of interesting material.
Well done to everybody involved.
Nick 19655.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 18th Sep 2007, 8:22
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I'll second that Julie. Well done to everyone for all their efforts.
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Mon 17th Sep 2007, 18:15
Local Group: London
Well done everyone. It's a lot more lively, with plenty to look at.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Mon 17th Sep 2007, 16:26
Local Group: Lakeland
It's taken a while, but as you can see the promised website improvements are now live.
These include:-
* The entire events listing - now accessible by everyone, not just LDWA members.
* The searchable database of Long Distance Paths is accessible by everyone - 741 paths so far and counting.
* The forum has been opened up to be viewed by non-members, and changes made to improve user-friendliness.
* A completely new section, The Annexe, with photos, podcasts, articles and much more.
* FAQs, to let potential new members know all about us.
* Member Discount page - please let Norman Corrin know if your local store will offer a good deal.
* Buy a map page - your needs supplied by Amazon with a commission to the LDWA.
* The Library. The boring but essential stuff, plus some of the best articles from Strider.
* Reg Chapman has tweaked the Membership section to help members get it right come renewal time, so that the Membership Secretary doesn't pull out what hair he has left.

We plan to develop a second wave of improvements in the new year, including a modernisation of the "look and feel" of the website, development of the Hillwalkers Register, a Register of Hundred Completions,and more. In the meantime take a look at the site and let us know what you think.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law