Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Cape Wrath Trail

Posted: Thu 15th May 2008, 11:48
I'm planning to do five days along the Cape Wrath Trail around the 20th June.
Posted: Wed 13th Feb 2008, 12:33
I shall keep you in mind when I'm ready you will know :)
Author: Dennis Gilbert
Posted: Tue 12th Feb 2008, 21:00
Local Group: Bristol & West
Thanks for your message Andrew. If you have further thoughts about the CWT please contact me and I will be glad to give you as much help and advice as I can.
Dennis
Posted: Tue 12th Feb 2008, 10:09
unfortunately I'm a little further south than that route!!(I think)
Its a shame that a certain person hasn't returned your maps and books it does make you lose a little faith! personally I would of just bought what I need nearer the time of doing the walk, and by the sounds of it I'll need to get a lot more practice in before I even think about doing cape wrath :)
Posted: Wed 6th Feb 2008, 15:29
Hi again Andrew
I meant to mention to you that I will be walking the Reivers Way starting 16th June - we may have a chance of meeting up.
Dennis
Posted: Wed 6th Feb 2008, 15:25
Hello Andrew
Thanks for the interest - you are the first person to reply but not the first one to ask for my maps and book. That was Johnnie Watson from Halifax to whom I sent them but in spite of requests to return them he has still got them.He did the walk last October I believe and its disappointing that my faith in fellow walkers has been misplaced. So, I can't help you with the maps and book but would gladly talk to you about the route generally and accommodation nearer the time of your doing it. If you are a regular long distance walker and enjoy long distance paths in challenging conditions then this one's for you. It is very desolate and remote and several days involve rough trackless walking for 25 miles or so. Please contact me again if you want to have a chat about it.
Best wishes
Dennis
Posted: Wed 6th Feb 2008, 7:01
Hi Dennis,
I'm a newbie here so I haven't heard of the Cape Wrath Trail but it certainly looks interesting and I fancy doing it but in all reality it will most probably be next year now as I'm doing the coast to coast (st bees to robin hoods bay) this year, but any advice would be much appreciated then I can do a little research on it!

Also I noticed a web site after some input from people who done the walk to supply them with some information!!

Oh and well done it looks like a toughie walk!

Andy
Posted: Mon 25th Jun 2007, 11:46
I have recently completed this 220 trail across the Western Highlands with the help of a support vehicle. If anyone is thinking of doing it I would gladly give some useful tips about the route, accommodation and walking conditions. I also have the full set of Explorer maps and the useful book North to the Cape (Cicerone Press) which I would lend to any genuinely interested.
Dennis

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law