Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - No toe treading!

Posted: Sun 27th May 2007, 13:31
I don't want to tread on local groups toes but this one is sufficiently associated with Bournemouth and Poole holiday centres, that it may help some people to do a linear route.

I sorted it out while I had a push bike; and I now find I can hand crank it (half the speed of pedaling with feet) and enjoy the journey just as much. I can do the return trip in six hours just under 40 miles, so a linear one way route should be possible/enjoyable for fit walkers or joggers.

It is an inland route on the northern side of the Purbeck area,through forest, starting at Briantspuddle, and wending across commission property to Organford near the Baker's Arms, along bridleways. Look at the Explorer map and you will see the most direct route, which is the route to take.
It goes past the Old fort on the way to Organford.

Then Lytchett Matravers, right at Policeman's road, down to the shop under the bridge IMMEDIATELY in to Upton park; round the park and in to Poole centre offroad.

Baiter Park out of Poole, along about a 1 1/2miles of road
to Poole beach promenade... all the way along to Bournemouth centre, or even further to Christchurch.

On a cycle it is enjoyable for only meeting two or three cars all the way from Dorchester to Lytchett Minster, and you can go through the woods from Hardy's cottage to Puddletown, and again from Puddletown to Turnerspuddle, the last bit on the old roman road.

Dorchester to Christchurch would be about 35miles.
Briantspuddle to Poole centre 15miles.
Briantspuddle to Bournemouth centre 22miles

I visit the Winter gardens Borunemouth and its rhodos in season and enjoy meeting the overseas visitors in the Town centre.

Post back for further details.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law