Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Help please

Author: Andy Griffin
Posted: Thu 2nd Aug 2007, 21:50
Local Group: East Lancashire
A tip I was given was to store the Hydration sack in the freezer between walks. It came from a shop selling camelback gear in Oldham. I wash and hang dry the sack then fold it in a large food safe freezer bag before placing it in the freezer. It stores it really well and I remove it the night before an event and it stays fresh...
Author: Helen Dickson
Posted: Wed 1st Aug 2007, 16:31
Local Group: East Lancashire
I use 'Sterident' (denture cleaning fizzy tablets) on plastic bottles. Works a treat.
Posted: Thu 10th May 2007, 20:53
Thanks everyone. Will try the bicarb first and if that fails will have to invest in a sterilising solution from the chemist. Wanted to make sure that I didn't put anything in that might damage it.

Eileen
Author: Sue Allonby
Posted: Thu 10th May 2007, 8:33
If you don't want to invest in Milton, you can try a weak solution of bicarbonate of soda in water (2tsp in a half pint). Leave in for a couple of hours and rinse out several times.
Posted: Wed 9th May 2007, 20:12
I use a wife to clean mine and ask no questions.
David H
Author: Paul Burgess
Posted: Wed 9th May 2007, 19:35
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
I use Boots own make sterilising tablets (for babies bottles etc) and have never had a problem. The only thing I will say though is, after sterilising, soak the items in just water for a good half hour to take away any after taste of chlorine.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Fri 4th May 2007, 17:56
Local Group: Mid Wales
We use Milton on our water bottles and bags. No problems with it so far. Jane
Posted: Fri 4th May 2007, 15:25
Hi

How does everyone clean out the inside of a water sac. I didn't particularly want to buy anything commercial and was wondering if a simple household product could be used effectively. Mine is starting to get a bit slimey (yuk)

Thanks
Eileen

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law