Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - THE BATH BEAT

Author: David Morgan
Posted: Mon 16th Apr 2007, 9:44
Local Group: South Wales
Congratulations to all runners and walkers who attended our event. To read the reviews on this site and the Runners World forums is most gratifying. We do put a lot of effort in to try and ensure that you all have a great day out. After all, we too enter similiar events and know how we want to be treated!!!

For the records, our fastest time on the 26.5 mile route was a staggering 4 hrs 23 mins, and our last people got into the hall at 8.15pm having enjoyed 11 hrs 10 mins of the event.

We will be running it again next year and I am even looking at the possibility of putting an extra loop in to get it to 30 miles for the real masochists out there. But time will tell if it is feasible or not!!!

The other option for next year is to reverse the route for the first time, but we may save that for our 10th anniversary in 2009.

Thanks for coming again, and hope to see you all next year.

Regards,

Dave Morgan

PS
Rebecca, Your feddback is very welcome and will be acted upon next year!!
Author: Steve Jelfs
Posted: Sun 15th Apr 2007, 18:33
Local Group: Heart of England
i should keep this event quite ( so as to get in next year ) because where can you go to do a family run event ( even the dog takes part and walks ) 26.5 21 miles for £5 16 12.5 miles for £4 all the tea and coffie you want at the start lighht refreshment at 4 checkpoints plus a village hall with tea ,coffie .all the food you could want (even hard boiled eggs ) plus the most scenic countryside the south side of bath has to offer . a cert ,and all the tea and coffie and food at the end . all for £5 yes £5 thanks again dave and all your helpers for a great day . see you next year (if i can get in as this is a event not to be missed)
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sat 14th Apr 2007, 22:55
Local Group: Marches
Fantastic day - perfect temperature for walking (can't believe i'm saying this in April!!) Great route, with fairly easy to follow route description with a generous time allocation. Staggard start and generous time in which to complete which was great but start was a little too early for me (7.30 - 8am for the 26 mile route) we stayed down in bath the night before but still ended up having to skip the hotel breakfast.

Downpoints - checkpoint 1 there was a guy filling up individual cups of water as you approached causing unesessary queues which I couldn't understand - why not have a table with the cups already filled? - they had also run out of biscuits by the time we approached, The other checkpoints were fine. Great day out in bath.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law