Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Saturday or Sunday

Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Fri 8th Jun 2007, 23:21
Local Group: Cumbria
Is that the West Highland Way Race, John? I recall doing it in 1988, it was a very minimalistic and rather bizarre event then. A handful of us set off at 3am from Milngavie and the organisers had a sort of mobile checkpointing arrangement which didn't always work. I had a car at Bridge of Orchy so managed to resupply there but it was a very individual affair. Great fun through the mists of time - good luck!
Why don't you try the Bob Graham after that?
Author: John King
Posted: Thu 7th Jun 2007, 10:37
I like that idea Garfield, and to that end i intend running the WHW in 24-28 hrs, in 2weeks time.

Have a nice weekend all
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Mon 4th Jun 2007, 23:09
Local Group: Merseystride
I prefer events which take BOTH days !! Garfield
Author: Mike Buckley
Posted: Mon 4th Jun 2007, 19:08
Local Group: Heart of England
Perhaps the debate should be not Sat or Sun but weekend or weekday - with the rise in weekday full day walks??
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Fri 1st Jun 2007, 20:17
Local Group: High Peak
Mike - we don't really care which day but we know of people who need public transport to get to events and this is usually better on a saturday.
Posted: Sun 27th May 2007, 18:49
Sunday is better, usually less traffic, plus less people work. If you want to atract younger people Sunday is better.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 9th Apr 2007, 22:24
Local Group: Marches
Prefer Saturday as most events I need to be up for 6am in order to get there and I appreciate the lie in on Sunday before the grind on Mon......
Author: John King
Posted: Mon 9th Apr 2007, 18:25
I like Saturday events as it gives me the chance to do another on Sunday.

John.
Posted: Fri 6th Apr 2007, 21:19
Mike when did an RM Boss getup early in the Morning?.
But three observations
If you work shifts a Sunday is probably the best day for a challenge, except if you have a Sunday night start.
If you work five day office hours then a Saturday is probably best, as it is a good excuse to get out of shopping with the gaffer and you can recover on the Sunday. It also gives the organisers a day to analyze what happened and do any repairs.
If you are retired or an RM boss or a teacher, what difference does it make?.
David H
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Fri 6th Apr 2007, 19:16
Local Group: Surrey
Advantages of Saturday
1) You can burn off the fury you built up during the week about that dunderhead at work.
2) You can mow the lawn on Sunday (traditional day for lawns).

Advantages of Sunday
1) If you feel shattered next day, it's in company time, not private time ;)
2) Good excuse to leave the lawn until next week.

Personally I'm not bothered which day it is.
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Fri 6th Apr 2007, 10:00
Local Group: Northumbria
Do people prefer events on a Saturday or Sunday? Getting ready for a Saturday event always seems a rush after a week at work and it's pleasant to have a lie in on Saturday before getting up early again on Sunday. The majority of "single day" events are on Saturday, so am I the only one? Any thoughts?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law