Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Cantcanolbarth Cymru route description

Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Thu 24th May 2007, 13:59
Local Group: Surrey
Just had another look at the description - it really is a labour of love, with many, many hours of preparation. Thank you Mid-Wales and Marches.

Just had a look at the weather!!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Llandrindod%20Wells&day=3

Worsening as Sunday draws on. Heavy rain and 20 mph winds, temperature dropping! A case of the devil takes the hindermost. Can we start on Friday please? ;)
Posted: Tue 24th Apr 2007, 21:53
Ian
<i>i enjoy 8 hours pouring over maps marking routes </i>

So do I - better than working! But I prefer (i) 3 hours map marking and 5 hours walking and (ii) to know my marked route is right - easy to cross check on the maps provided.

<i>does this make me sad? </i> If it does, a lot of us will be joining you.

<i>the english for sobbing is boohoo
in welsh it's boyoo </i>
Can we get that authenticated please?
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Sat 21st Apr 2007, 22:53
Local Group: High Peak
Elton the english for sobbing is boohoo
in welsh it's boyoo
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Sat 21st Apr 2007, 1:41
Local Group: High Peak
i enjoy 8 hours pouring over maps marking routes

does this make me sad?
Posted: Mon 2nd Apr 2007, 13:05
I plotted the route on my OS 1:50,000 Anquet maps yesterday. Having the maps provided by the organisers to work from make it SO much easier. Instead of having to translate from written description to map, you just copy from map to map, refering to the written description when the scale is a bit small. Result: 3 hours work instead of 8, and far less guessing.

Here's hoping this becomes the norm, for the Hundred at least.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Wed 21st Mar 2007, 19:23
Local Group: Marches
I should add - I know the quick map reference isn't intended to replace proper map reading and these must be carried (before someone jumps down my throat!!)but it will save a lot of time.

Can't wait - bring it on!!!!
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Wed 21st Mar 2007, 19:21
Local Group: Marches
Seems fantastic. Seems straight forward enough.... Now all I've got to do is walk it.....

Seriously the organisation has been great so far, and I love the added bonus of having a printout of a map against the route description - I wasted so much time battling with 4 O/S maps on the last hundred and this is a great quick reference - Well Done so far - should be a great event.
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Thu 15th Mar 2007, 21:14
Local Group: Heart of England
Amazing route description! And very impressive info overall. Can't wait!
Posted: Thu 15th Mar 2007, 12:56
Just received my route description. Love the 'Useful phrases for the Hundred' with the Welsh translation:

We have a long way to go

Its likely to rain today

I think I'm lost

I've no idea where on earth we are

I've got a big blister and it's really bad

She's in a bad way

We've had it!

And best of all:

I want to go home
(how do you sob in Welsh?)

Are these prophetic or what?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law