Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Peak District Challenge

Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Sun 4th Mar 2007, 19:44
Local Group: Heart of England
I have had a reply from Neil. Unfortunately, the Peak District Challenge is not on this year. However, it may return. Watch this space!!
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Fri 2nd Mar 2007, 19:13
Local Group: Heart of England
Vaughan and I (and Daisy) did this event last year. It was on Sun 21st May and Nick is right, it was the weekend before the 100. We have also taken part every year for the past few years. It's a very enjoyable and well-supported event and raises vital funds for the RBL Youth Section Corps of Drums.
I see that it is not advertised in Strider, so I don't know if it's on this year - hope so!! Last year the organiser was Neil Parker and his email address is neilmhardy@aol.com. I will contact him to find out.
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Fri 2nd Mar 2007, 13:15
Local Group: South Manchester
Hi Paul,
I think it was always on the weekend before the 100. I've only done it once - in 2000 I think. It was put on by the Royal British Legion (I have the large, maroon, rectangular badge with "RBL" to prove it). I'm sure it was on last year, though I don't see it in this year's schedule. I believe the route was slightly different each year.
Posted: Thu 1st Mar 2007, 21:16
I did this event a few years ago. It started from Sheldon approx 26 miles circular.

Does anybody have any details on 2007 event? I seem to remember it was an event earlier in the year?

Thanks...

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law