Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 50s in the midlands

Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Mon 26th Feb 2007, 21:12
Local Group: Marches
Rather pricey but it is for charity - there is a 50 in the Peak District starting in Sheffield on the 31st March - see www.will4adventure.com
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Sun 25th Feb 2007, 21:26
Local Group: Heart of England
You could start with A Coventry Way - 40 miles on footpaths, bridleways etc around Coventry. It's a marked long-distance trail on the local explorer maps and we organise a challenge event every year on the first weekend in September. Everyone welcome!!
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 25th Feb 2007, 19:07
Local Group: Marches
No, I don't know of any - the closest to the midlands was the Wye forest 55 held last year but I think it is likely to only be every 3 years.

I would love to organise one, with themed checkpoints for example, chk pt 1 1 in a local balti, chk pt 2 in a chinese, chk pt 3 in a real ale pub, although would people make it round? The midlands has a lot to offer, with lots of potential for a long walk stretching over the sandwell valley, barr beacon, through sutton park and over towards lichfield, and would be great to get local communities involved, but what a lot of planning......
Posted: Fri 23rd Feb 2007, 21:03
Was just wondering if any of you guys or girls know if there are any fifties in the midlands as cant seem to see any on the website. Thanks!!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law