Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Manx Mountain Marathon

Author: John Knight
Posted: Mon 5th Mar 2007, 12:48
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
No worries, Nick! Look out for me on Snaefell, and have the drinks ready at the Ocean Castle.

John
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Fri 2nd Mar 2007, 13:05
Local Group: South Manchester
I meant Fri pm! More haste, less speed.
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Fri 2nd Mar 2007, 13:04
Local Group: South Manchester
Hi John. I remember talking after Two Crosses. I've registered for MMM and got my travel and accomm booked, though unfortunately not with your group. Hope you don't mind. (Time's at a premium and I'm risking flying over on Sat pm and flying back on Sun am, with the risk of a BA strike an' all!)
Posted: Thu 1st Mar 2007, 12:48
With more bookings coming in, I've had to upgrade to larger rooms in the bunkhouse. There is now space for up to four more. If anyone else would like to join us, please contact me (details above).

Nick Ham from South Manchester LDWA & Stockport Harriers - I think we spoke after the Two Crosses - please get in touch.

John
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Thu 25th Jan 2007, 20:05
Local Group: Heart of England
MMM welcome walkers as well as runners. There is a walkers start at 7.30 am. Have a look at the website! It's a great event and well worth the effort of travelling. I have taken part once before and am hoping to do so again this year. Brilliant atmosphere and everyone is really friendly, no matter how fast/slow you are. And the views are stunning (if the mist isn't down). Watch out for the sting in the tail near the end. You go right down to sea level and then right back up again!
Posted: Wed 24th Jan 2007, 12:44
The Castle to Castle is unfortunately no longer being run. There is a Half Marathon event (St Johns-Port Erin - runners only) on the same day as the MMM.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 23rd Jan 2007, 13:17
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Sorry! Email address is norman.corrin@btinternet.com or home phone number is 01908 608667
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 23rd Jan 2007, 13:17
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Hi John and Jane. Do you know if the Castle to Castle walk is being held on the Easter Monday? Also is there a shorter distance than the 31 miles. I'm a slow ldwa member I'm afraid, not a fell runner.

My grandparents came from the Isle of Man at the start of the last century and I still have family connections over there. Would love to go.
Posted: Mon 22nd Jan 2007, 12:44
This 31-mile event will be taking place on Easter Saturday, 7 April. Organised by the Manx Fell Runners, it is open to runners and walkers: details at http://www.manxfellrunners.co.uk/

South Manchester Group have arranged a weekend away to take in the MMM, with social walks on Sunday and Monday; there are still spaces available in the bunkhouse (http://www.adventure-centre.co.uk/courses/bunkhouse.html) at Maughold, near to the MMM starting point at Ramsey. If anyone would like to join us, please contact me on John.Knight@usdaw.org.uk or 01625 614857 (evenings).

John

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law