Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Two Crosses Circuit - 14th January 2007 (East Lancs LDWA)

Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Thu 1st Mar 2007, 13:04
Local Group: South Manchester
Alcohol is good for you anyway. It dilates the blood vessels and improves blood flow to those working muscles. My half cup of sherry gave me a real zip and powered me at top speed past the MOD range in the (general) direction of Peel Tower! It was a superb event, as always. I'll be back next year.
Posted: Wed 24th Jan 2007, 9:25
This is my second consecutive year of doing this challenge,BRILLIANT.There are lots of reasons i do this walk,it kick starts my year after all them mince pies,the meal at the end is great as our lass wont cook sunday dinner and with me been a raging alcoholic the free drink at Bulls Hill is well worth the 25 miles of mud
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Tue 16th Jan 2007, 20:49
Local Group: Heart of England
Yes. A great day out. The fantastic views and sunny weather overhead far outweighed the 'gloop' underfoot. Thanks very much to all the organisers and helpers. Daisy dog and I really enjoyed it!
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 14th Jan 2007, 21:54
Local Group: Merseystride
Can't really add to what I wrote last year - appended to this post. The weather was great and the gloop far gloopier than is reasonable! I'm always impressed with the 'spirit' of the East Lancs crowd - always incredibly helpful, smiling and on theme. The views today were magnificent - the early golden sun on the fells particularly striking. Thanks again everyone. Garfield

(2006 post) What do you expect from a 25 mile hike around moors and fields in January ? Mud. Lots of it. Plus the occasional bog and quite a few paddy-fields. The event attracted a big entry - over 250 - and the 18-mile option meant people had a chance for a more leisurely day out. The food was plentiful and everyone seemed in good spirits - especially the gentleman at the Bull Hill checkpoint who was offering literally that ! It's five years since I last did this event and I remembered it as being a toughie - which it certainly was. But it's a good course with just enough navigational twists to keep you on your, er, toes. "Thank You" to whoever put the red & white flags out - you did a good job.
Superb hotpot at the finish. Thanks to everyone. - Garfield

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law