Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Grough

Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Thu 4th Jan 2007, 10:13
Local Group: Cumbria
I have started a Picture Parade page on our (Cumbria's)website. There are a few of the recent inversion conditions including some Brocken Spectres. After many years of seeing these very very occasionally they were everywhere you looked on those few magical days.
I would be delighted to post any nice pics - just email them to me with a caption and I'll put them on.
Tony
Posted: Wed 3rd Jan 2007, 22:51
Tony first duty of a chairman "If there is a leg to break Make sure it is some other B***rs" but good luck on the repair and I hope it is not too painfull.
David H
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Wed 3rd Jan 2007, 10:39
Local Group: Lakeland
Looks interesting. I liked the photo on Pavey Ark in "mountain tops bask in sunshine". I was near there on Christmas Eve and can confirm that the temperature inversion gave some fabulous walking when you got above the murk. I spoilt it all by slipping on the nasty stone path off Helm Crag and broke my leg! Spent Christmas Day morning in WGH casualty department and will be in plaster for 4 to 6 weeks.
At least I will have time for Chairman's duties.........
Author: Ian & Pauline Charters
Posted: Tue 2nd Jan 2007, 20:32
Local Group: Lakeland
This is worth a look every now and again if you want to keep up with the inside view of the outdoor world.

http://www.grough.co.uk/

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law