Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Marches Tinsel Trail

Author: Julie Graham
Posted: Tue 2nd Jan 2007, 20:50
Local Group: Heart of England
That's it Ian - Kaplin's Kipper! Went for a day out's running round there in October and had great day. The Roaches were splendid, and we visited that Lud's Church (?) which was a very eerie place.

Matt - yup it's a shame the SSC is full, as I would have liked to do that. And yes, will definitely be doing the Long Mynd Valleys, though am dreading how tough it's going to be :-/ I've done all the Shropshire Winter Series so far (my first fell races ever), and have really enjoyed them, but I thought Cardington Cracker was hard enough. Another 2 miles, and another 2300' - HELP!!
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Tue 2nd Jan 2007, 20:32
Local Group: High Peak
you'll enjoy the kiplins kapper in march julie esp going over the roaches, last year it was a race to get off before the thunderstorm hit
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Tue 2nd Jan 2007, 19:58
Local Group: Mid Wales
Well done Julie. I may put in an appearence at Reservoir Roundabout this Saturday - if I can shake off the current 'tummy bug' - otherwise I'm in the Shropshire South Circular end Feb. But SSC is fully booked for some time now, so don't think you'll get in.

I may do the long Myndd fell race at begining Feb. a bit of a beast if you've never done it! Matt.
Author: Julie Graham
Posted: Tue 2nd Jan 2007, 14:48
Local Group: Heart of England
Hi Matt

Yep, I did the Tinsel Trail and I absolutely loved it. Still like thinking about it even now :-)

Met some great people en-route, delicious snacks at the checkpoints - flapjacks and hot coffee at checkpoint 2 was such a huge boost, I didn't stop running after that!! They should have the same in road races.

The route was varied and interesting. Quite hilly, and the top of the Wrekin was very atmospheric swathed in thick mist.

Delicious hot food and cakes at the end, and thought the bran-tub dip was a great idea.

Although it wasn't a 'race', I was quite pleased to trot round in 4.5 hrs without too much trouble.

I'm hooked now and looking for the next one. And definitely considering the Peak District one at the end of March. 'Kipper's' something.

What's your next planned one Matt? And cheers for the encouragement to join LDWA in the first place :-) Hope your colds and lurgies have moved on elsewhere.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Mon 1st Jan 2007, 16:44
Local Group: Mid Wales
Julie and other runners, just wondered if you did the Tinsel Trail? And did you enjoy the event and have enough to eat?
Sorry I didn't make it, has been a crumby month for me with winter 'lurgies', oh for some true cold winter weather and an end to the bugs and viruses. Matt.
Posted: Fri 22nd Dec 2006, 10:11
Hi there

Anyone going to this from the Manchester area? Could I share a lift/petrol costs?

Thanks!

Sarah

Tel 07939030595

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law