Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - South Pennine 24

Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 1st Mar 2020, 21:46
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I apologise Bill comment probably went a little far I was a bit giddy watching the highlights of Leeds v Hull. Hope you are ok and see you all in the near future. Hope everyone in the LDWA are all well and
seriously be vigilant and take care.
Regards Jeff
Author: Bill Pritchard
Posted: Sun 1st Mar 2020, 13:55
Local Group: East Lancashire
Dear All, please remember that we are dealing with Jeff here, so don't panic too much about the C-V & Italy bit, I had a 'sniffle'. Thanks though Jeff for your continued enthusiasm, happy personality & high 'jinks', makes the day that little better, if that's possible on an LDWA event. Thanks to all the SP24 organisers, excellent day.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 1st Mar 2020, 9:45
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Just like to thank the south pennine group and helpers for a fantastic event . The route was slightly changed for safety which must have been bad.There was no compomise on safety and the route diversions was manned by marshals as to protect us all from going the wrong way. After A couple of miles we did get back on route and the sun came out and it was a fantastic event would like to thank all the marshals and helpers for all their hard work and the food especially the vegitarian optoins were really tasty. The atmosphere at the end was really special and the south pennine group went out of their way to make sure everyone was ok.
The walkers and runners made this a great event whilst walking along the route and there was some fine navigating from all .A special thanks to all the marshals who manned the checkpoint at the resovoir this was harsh weather at times and you must have drawn the short straws.

One last thought on Bill who had a bout of coronas disease last week after a skiing holiday in Italy he is back could not keep with him and the bolton boys today and my last veiw of them was half a mile in front him and Kath Racing up a big hill then they had all gone.
Once again Many thanks to all Jeff

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law